How Much Sunlight is too Much?

I had injured my back by lifting heavy stuff back in August 2018. The pain was debilitating. After numerous tests I got results back from the Doctors that it was three herniated disks and they also found out that I had early degeneration of spinal bone. And some more things in doctor language!

One of the things they told me to do is to get Vitamin D (sunlight) on my back. And the other was hydrotherapy. So I combined both and started going out to rivers and then to the sea, to get some exercises and to get the sun.

Good decision, no? But no.

I slapped on Sunscreen and went to do some exercises (hydrotherapy).


We have around 300 small islands around our main island. As Pacific Ocean is all around us so hydrotherapy should be easy, right?

This is the small island we went to.




At first I wore a shirt to cover my arms.

But I needed to go in the water and get the sun at the same time...






But after our day at the sea, I ended up like a this...





Even a week after, I still have peeling skin...


So I haven't been back to the sea for now. But I need to go and do my exercises for my back pain. I'm thinking of going again...


About Nas Dean

Nas is a fiction editor and blogger. 

She is an avid and passionate reader. Her love of reading is well known. She blogs at Romance Book Paradise. Her review site is Romance Book Haven. 

With editing she tries to be meticulous and aims to make constructive suggestions without interfering with the overall conception of an author's writing voice. As a reader she knows what hooks a reader in from the very first chapter. She can help find the inconsistencies and fix the errors thus making your manuscript flow better. 

She also tries to make sure that all the story threads are neatly tied up. The published manuscript is a reflection of her work so her aim is that the book has to be of the highest quality possible. 



Style guides she uses:

New Oxford Style Manual (New Hart’s Rules and New Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors); 

The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition and 

The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition.

Professional Affiliations:
Romance Writers of Australia;

New Zealand Romance Writers Asso;

Australian Romance Readers Asso;

American Copy Editors Society.


Visit her at www.NasDean.com

And make friends on Facebook and Twitter. 



18 comments:

  1. Hi Nas

    I have the same problems and we have a leisure centre near us that does aqua aerobics and I am hoping that after I see the Doctor next week that I will be able to join in with them and get some hydro-therapy there in an indoor pool. I do hope you are feeling better soon

    have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. How awesome that you have a leisure centre, Helen. At least you won't be exposed to the sun. I need to look into it if we have any near us. I hope you feel better soon too.

      Delete
  2. Hope your back is feeling much better. Your sunburn doesn't look good although that island looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Fi. Back is much better now. I did go again last weekend but used lots of sunscreen.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear of your back pain. Hopefully you will find holistic ways that will help minimize it. I have very light, easy burning skin so I empathize with your burn. It must be wonderful to have beautiful islands to enjoy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Val!

      Yes the islands are really beautiful around here!

      Delete
  4. Oh ouch. Probably easier to take some vitamin D pills. Sorry to hear you're dealing with back pain. The pictures of the island were wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary!

      Yes, I do take vitamin D tablets and I also had to take vitamin B12 injections.

      Delete
  5. Sun is okay in small doses and then you need protection. You did yourself up big didn't you.

    Have a fabulous day and thanks for visiting Comedy Plus. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Sander! I didn't do myself any favors!

      Delete
  6. So sorry about your poor back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post 😊
    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on my blog & I'll follow you back.
    https://camdandusler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your back pain. That is no fun! The sunburn looks painful. Hope you can get a little time out in the sun and water- maybe a little at a time. :) Good luck!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess. I think that's what I should have done...little at a time. But I just wanted my back pain to go away and to get well fast so I did overdo it all at once!

      Delete