Pink Princess Philodendron

 Recently I found a Pink Princess Philodendron. It is no longer as rare and sought after as it was a couple of years back. It was a small one stem with two leaves. As it had pink variegations, so I was happy. 


But it was planted in compact garden soil. No aeration at all.



So I had to repot in my aroid mix. I mixed rice husk instead of perlite as we don't get perlite in my country. Orchid bark, organic manure and some potting soil. 



And then I gave it a pole to climb on. I packed coco chips inside the pole as we also don't get spaghnum moss. 

Let's hope it thrives in my care and the leaves get big with pink variegations.  I gave it a pebble filled tray with water for added humidity around it. 


Here is an ID sheet for the leaves and stems of Philodendron types. 



1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with this plant. It has ideal conditions to grow.

    ReplyDelete